Monday 5 February 2018

Brisbane - Feb 2018

Last week I headed up to Brisbane for a few days with my friends Megan and Katie. We arrived on Thursday night to nice views of the city lights from our 20th floor balcony. 

Brisbane, QLD

Brisbane, QLD

Brisbane, QLD
Unfortunately the weather wasn't great and I had to wait until the second morning to head out to the botanic gardens. When I got there, my target was easy to find - Bush Stone-curlews! I've only seen them twice before, both in Cairns the last time I was there. Both times they were shy and didn't stand around for photos. The Brisbane Bush Stone-curlews were much more accommodating!
Bush Stone-curlew, Brisbane Botanic Gardens, QLD
Bush Stone-curlew, Brisbane Botanic Gardens, QLD


Bush Stone-curlew, Brisbane Botanic Gardens, QLD
Brisbane Botanic Gardens, QLD

Brisbane Botanic Gardens, QLD

Brisbane Botanic Gardens, QLD

Brisbane Botanic Gardens, QLD

Brisbane Botanic Gardens, QLD
  
Brisbane Botanic Gardens, QLD

Australian Wood Ducks, Brisbane Botanic Gardens, QLD

Brisbane Botanic Gardens, QLD

Rainbow Lorikeet, Brisbane Botanic Gardens, QLD
On Saturday we drove north to Noosa, unfortunately the rain was even heavier there, but we did have a nice time swimming in the resort's pool and spa. The next morning I was lucky to wake up to some sunshine, and only a little rain! I had been planning to visit a nearby wetland, but didn't want to risk bogging the hire car on the unsealed road in, so I went for a walk instead, and found a boardwalk through some rainforest-like scrub between the resort and the Noosa National Park. On my walk I had a nice view of an Australian Brush-turkey, and found two lifers! Lewin's Honeyeater and Noisy Friarbird.
Lewin's Honeyeater, Noosa

Noisy Friarbird, Noosa

No comments:

Post a Comment